Coconut cacao bites
These little pieces of heaven are a perfect pick me up mid afternoon snack or great to enjoy after a meal as a dessert. They taste very much like the British made bounty bars only they are much healthier! If you need the balls to be sweeter you could add a little more rice syrup.
Serves makes around 9 balls
· 2 cups of desiccated coconut
· 1 tablespoon of cacao
· 2 dessert spoons of rice syrup or 1 dessert
spoon of erythritol
· 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
· A dash of hot water from the kettle
· Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well
· Roll the mix into 50 pence size balls
· The mix should be sticky with the lemon juice and rice syrup however your hands will get
very sticky with the coconut.
· Pop the balls into a container and store in the fridge. They are delicious cool after around
20 mins. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Enjoy with your favourite cuppa! :-)