Search
  • HelenM

Colloidal Silver


Something I personally use in my daily routine is colloidal silver. This type of silver is produced by using a generator and silver rods that disperse the silver into distilled water over a period of several hours. This type of silver is beneficial for many things and acts like a natural antibiotic, it is also anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic. It can be taken internally and also applied to skin.


What is colloidal silver

A colloid is a liquid that holds very fine particles of a substance in suspension in a liquid. The substance does not dissolve it stays suspended in the liquid. Colloidal silver is a suspension of silver usually held in distilled water. Particles in a true colloid are very, very small (0.01 – 0.001) of a micron in diameter and are invisible to the naked eye. The best method of making colloidal silver is the electrical process as it preserves the minuteness of the granule size, purity and stability to create a true colloid. So silver electrodes are placed in water and connected to electricity this forms a circuit whereby positively charged silver atoms are pulled off the electrode and suspended in water. As a result of this ultra-fine particles of 99.999% pure silver each hold an electrical charge and remain in suspension. If silver actually dissolves during dilution it is a solution not a colloid.


How colloidal silver works

As a colloid it is extremely fine in particle size this makes it an effective anti-microbial even at low concentrations. Colloidal silver has two components; silver particles and silver ions and both have antibiotic properties.


It has been observed that colloidal silver reacts with cell walls of bacteria, it is thought that silver reacts with bacteria by blocking their ability to transfer oxygen into the cell therefore inactivating the bacteria. As human cells are very different to bacteria silver does not cause harm to human cells.


Argyria

This condition occurs when too much silver accumulates in the body, excessive amounts of silver are deposited in the skin giving it a blueish-grey colour. This condition however is incredibly rare. Studies have shown that 10% of silver taken by mouth is taken into the circulation. Of that 10%, up to 98% is taken up by special metal proteins. These proteins have the job of transporting, storing and detoxifying the body of metals and escorting them out of the body. As a result, very little free silver survives in the blood stream.


How you can use colloidal silver

The silver ions are less effected when taken by mouth as they mix with the hydrochloric acid in the stomach and will form silver chloride. In order to minimise this take the colloidal silver between meals.


Colloidal sliver can be used topically in eyes, ears, nose and on skin and the silver ions in these uses are very effective.


Silver is reported to kill many different microbes including bacteria, many viruses, fungi and parasites. There have been laboratory tests that have been conducted on many significant disease-causing microbes with excellent effect. Some of these include; Acne, Allergies, Asthma, Athletes Foot, Burns and Cuts, Candida Albicans, Cold Sores, Herpes Simplex, Dandruff, Ear Aches, Eye Infections, Flu, Fungus Infections, Inflammation of the joints, Insect Bites, Laryngitis, Mastitis, Sinus Infection, Skin Conditions, Sore Throat, Sunburn, Tooth Decay, Tooth Abscess, Ulcers, Urinary Tract Infection, Vaginal Yeast Infections.


Bacterial and fungi testing

There have been many studies conducted on the efficacy of Colloidal silver in eliminating bacteria. The bacteria that have been specifically tested and killed from applying different strengths of silver include; Staphylococcus aureus, Shigela boydii, Salmonella Arizona, Salmonella typhimurium, E.coli, Haemophilus influenzae, Enterobacter aerogenes, Enterobacter cloacae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Klebsiella oxytoca, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Streptococcus pyogenes, Streptococcus faecalis, Streptococcus mutans, Streptococcus gordonii, Candida albicans, Aspergillus niger, Trichophyton mentagrophytes


Dosage

1 teaspoon of 10ppm or 30ppm colloidal silver is equivalent to approximately 50mcg or 150 micrograms of silver respectively. 1-3 teaspoons per day (50 – 450mcg) are considered safe to use for extended periods. Amounts higher than this are considered therapeutic and should only be needed in acute stages of illness. In acute illness it is recommended to take double or triple the above amount i.e. 2-9 teaspoons per day for 30-45 days then drop down to a smaller maintenance dose. In practice I often test clients using Kinesiology to establish their own personal needs.


Contact me for more information:

I am currently making and selling colloidal silver so if you would like more information on this please be in touch. I also offer a free 15-minute telephone consultation so you can find out more about the therapies I practice and how they could help you. Contact me on T: 01432 880 659 or M: 07904 457 075, or via email on E: helen@complete-balance.co.uk



5 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All