New recipe - Pancakes / Wraps
I wanted to jump on and write another quick blog on another new recipe! It's a pancake / wrap recipe that is really versatile! Add your favourite toppings and enjoy!
These pancakes can also be used as wraps and are a great base for breakfasts, lunches or dinners there so versatile and I couldn’t live without them now I’ve found them! They are really easy to make and I usually make a batch for the week and store them ready to cook in the fridge.
Serves – Makes around 6 or 7 balls.
· Quarter cup of coconut flour
· Half cup of ground linseed
· Cup of ground almonds
· 2 tablespoons of Olive oil
· 1 tablespoon of Lemon juice or cider vinegar
· Half teaspoon of Himalayan or sea salt
· Combine all the dry ingredients in a big mixing bowl
· Mix all the ingredients together until you get a firm sticky mixture
· Split the mixture into 6 or 7 balls (they should be somewhere between golf and tennis ball size!)
· Place these in a container and store n the fridge until you are ready to use
· If you are making these as savoury you could experiment with using dried herbs, if making them as sweet you could add a pinch or two of cinnamon.
· Take the balls out the fridge
· Between 2 pieces of grease proof paper use a rolling pin to roll the ball into a flat pancake size (thickness should be around 2 cm)
· In a frying pan heat a small amount of olive oil
· Transfer the pancake into the frying pan and fry for a minute or two on each side
· I like to serve these with berries and nut butter for breakfast but you can use them as you would a wrap, or pancake.